Powered by Blogger.

A Manhattan loft with a French touch

Friday, March 15, 2013


In yesterdays post I showed the Pogghenpohl kitchen from this Manhattan loft. Being curious about the rest of it, I did a little search and I am happy to show some more of this former warehouse, selected by Hearst for it's Designer Visions Showhouse program. 


For this project Matthew Patrick Smyth had no real clients, so he invented the loft to be for a couple with grown up kids in college who gave their selves this apartment for a new chapter in their lives. The couple traveled a lot, maybe took the Orient express from Paris to Istanbul and brought back lots of memories. Maybe not the usual overall white Scandinavian apartment I normally post about, but I certainly like the  decoration and grey walls giving it a certain French touch.




 Reprinted by permission from ELLE DECOR, copyright 2012. 

All Rights Reserved. Bjorn Wallander,photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment